Help Steward our Valley
Our lodging in a beautiful natural setting in a remote part of Williamson County. Because it is not on city utilities or sewage, it requires special instructions:1) There is no garbage pick-up; we have to bring garbage to the dump. We ask your assistance in keeping our costs, labor, and waste in line with our pricing and our mission of being and creating a culture of Sustainable Stewardship
2) Heat: The house is heated via 500 to 1000 gallon capacity of propane. At $2.50/gallon, $2500 of fuel may be present. You have been allotted 50 gallons ($125) for your weekend's stay. This amount is doubled for a week's stay. Exceeding this amount will incur an extra charge that will be deducted from your deposit.
To avoid extra charges, set thermostat at 68 degrees and dress for the season. Keep windows and doors closed when heat is on and lower heat when the house is not occupied.
3) Sewage: Everything flushed down our drains goes to our on-site septic tank. If toilet paper has not had contact with urine or excrement, it should NOT be flushed but placed in the garbage can. Hygiene products must not be flushed, but placed in garbage can.
4) Kitchen: Sinks drain to our beloved septic tank. Do NOT pour grease or animal fat down our drains, but pour them into glass containers (please pour over sink to prevent mess). Wipe used skillets/griddles with disposable paper towels to remove grease/fat before washing them in sinks. Let us know when the glass containers are full so we can appropriately recycle or compost.
5) Recycle: Separate metal and glass. Fold cardboard boxes so they are flat. Keep your volume of trash low please. We have to transport non- recyclables to the county landfill at our expense. Please be kind to the earth and to our staff. :)
6) Compost: Place organic matter suitable for composting in the bucket provided under the sink. Let us work together so that our organic waste can be composted to Soil and used in our gardens. Please don’t place trash outside of bins on the property making it accessible to hungry critters.
All guests MUST pay State (9.5%) and County (4%) taxes before arriving for check-in. To avoid delay in check in, taxes must be paid electronically before you arrive. PayPal works great, but credit card is acceptable.
A photo ID must be shown or sent electronically (if after 5pm) to the owner or designee prior to check-in. Check-in will be performed by the person making the reservation. If this person is not available or will arrive later, contact the owner prior to check-in to discuss alternate arrangements.
Only the number of guests registered may be on premises. Exceptions only with documented permission of owner (additional fee may be required for gatherings). Unregistered guests are trespassing and will be treated as such.
The guest is responsible for cleaning grills and ovens if they are made greasy/dirty. Excess trash or cleaning or not leaving furniture/carpets in their places may result in a portion of your security deposit being with-held.
Don’t place trash outside of bins making it accessible to hungry critters. of owner. Your stay at the Lodging does not include access to nearby Big East Fork Retreat or permission to hike its private trail system. Contact Retreat for day passes and event space rentals.
Prohibited: Firearms, Pets, Indoor Smoking, Underage drinking, Parties of Events without permission, Use of confetti, candles, use of fireplace and outside fire pits are strictly prohibited without written permission.